This beautiful sconce has three moving joints and the possibility to add a hinge for lateral swing movement.
The backplate and elbow dented joints are with screw, for changing position every once in a while.
Third pivot joint is at the shades giving the possibility to turn in all directions 360 and change the angle with a maximum of 60 degrees up.
Upon request it is possible to add a hinge inbetween the arms and the backplate to give to the sconce lateral “swing” movement.
Shown in Black and Ivory color. Black and Ivory are in stock and powder coated. Shades are highly customizable using RAL easy reference color chart or NCS infinitive colors. There is a minimum surcharge for each customized color. Customized colors are strong catalized liquid over the Ivory powder coated.
Natural solid patinated brass. Aluminum shades lacquered.
Standard version is with arms 20-30 cm /8″-12″ and no hinge. Larger one with 30-40 cm/ 12″-16″ version with no surcharge.
Measurements listed are the standard version. Order with no customization specification will be considered standard.
Pivoting heads helps with the light distribution in the room. Upper shades contribute to the ambiance light and lower shades for the direct light.
Ideal side to fireplace so that the arm can reach a reading sofa. Or to give proper light to a console or a kitchen island.
Backplate made to cover US standard Jbox. .
The special feature of this sconce is the larger shades which are allowing two E27/E26 standard socket. No candelabra bulb required here. Bulbs are covered by the shades and shades are replaceable.
Arms and body: Made in natural solid brass and hand patinata
These sconces are made to cover octagonal standard J-box and have correct mounting holes for the standard crossbar.
Important: A person familiar with the construction and operation of the product must install this fixture.
This sconce is current production made to order. Please write me for any special size requirement.
The outline of the shades was designed to summarize and recreate the 1950s chandelier from Arteluce and Stilnovo but it does not belong to either and it is an original design.
Being the heads pivoting, measures indicated in the pictured position. See last page for schematic.
Price is per unit.
Summarizing the features:
– Larger cone shaped shades in order to carry two regular sockets, and to fit A19 bulb for best light output and choice of bulb.
– Optional Swing hinges at the base for moving, the sconces to illuminate where you want. Best for counter and bedside use.
– Shades are replaceable on site. So if you want to change colors after a while that would be easy
– Pivot joint has a 90 degrees movement only up, allowing to have more play with the arm’s angle.
– Elbow joints are smaller and barrel cylindrical shape with Minimalist screw setting
– Powder coating of the shades, all matte 15 Gloss.
– Possibility to customize color of shades following RAL code (or NCS) with liquid lacquer and keeping the white inside for not altering the light output.
Color of shades can be changed folowing RAL or NCS color chart. Length of arm can be adjusted to designer’s request. Electrical part to fit your country socket. Ul certification under general coverage available upon request at cost and with the timing that this certification require. If you have need of UL certification please consider an extra month of production.
Silvio Piattelli (Designer)
Sarfatti for Arteluce (Maker)
Height: 19.69 in. (50 cm)
Width: 5.52 in. (14 cm)
Depth: 23.63 in. (60 cm)
Mid-Century Modern (In the Style Of)
Materials and Techniques
Place of Origin
Date of Manufacture
New & Custom